Friday, December 22, 2006

There’s London in Your Eyes Tonight

Waiting for words that haven’t come
Or some sign that the right is not in the wrong.
Where is that face,
That pulls you in?
Where is that feeling,
Disappearing to again?
Not another thought, they come too hard,
Those stiff lumps in your throat still have to thaw.
But you’ve seen it all
And can see through this fog
Because

With the distance, the feeling grows
You count the days, but can you let him know
That there’s London in your eyes,
Tonight?

There’s London in your eyes,
Tonight.

Simple smiles have become numb
And the pain inside just fills you up. You know
That he is there,
But won’t let go.
Where are his words now?
You need to show him, but how?
Not another dream, they leave so fast
And this time you swore there’s no looking back,
And you’re flying now
Because he put you there
But still

With the distance, the feeling grows
You count the days, but can you let him know
That there’s London in your eyes,
Tonight?

There’s London in your eyes,
Tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems London is fading.
No,
London was
ripped
from my eyes
like a cheesy horror flick
and now I'm left bleeding

Bless me Mother,
for I have sinned
I have loved a man too much
and he has broken me down

The cover of the engine
flew off
and now I'm no longer flying
I'm falling
Harder
Faster
Further
Ground
hits me like reality

And these cartoon stars spin
while I search for the remnants
of my body crashed.