Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Quirky Rhapsody

For you, I care.
I come eagerly.
With smiles for despair,
I would love to set you free.

For them, I sigh.
I’ve learned to hate their lie.
They just don’t seem to know
That they’re living in real life.

Depressed, No! Happy inside!
You and I can always run and hide
From those sad, sappy suckers
Who always want to cry!

For you, I care.
And I would hold your hand.
But for them, I’m tired
Of trying to understand.

For them, I sleep
While they learn to weep.
I will be so quiet!
And not even make a peep!

Refrain, No! Happy again!
They want to learn our ways,
How to fight a darker amend
And count their smiles in days!

For them, I hide
Somewhere they can’t see.
I don’t want to get
Their sadness over me.

For you, I listen
While your blue eyes glisten.
It’s like they go right threw me…
Initially, I think that’s what drew me…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like this one too.