Thursday, December 14, 2006

Before the Movie

If the black screen
All of a sudden seemed
More usually and lonely,
Would you break down and hold me?

If what pictures that were supposed to play
Would not show up, being gone away
Like those rabbits of who you used to tell
Who would run and jump and drown in the canal,

Would the screen have to stay blank and still?
Was it something I said, in mind or in real?
Does it have to stare back at me and you like that,
And would you comfort me without that fact?

If the black screen
All of a sudden let out a white scream,
And it hurt our little eager eyes,
Would you then get your hand off of my thigh?

You are those stories you told
And you only love me when the movie won’t show.
No, just watch, I’m sure I’ll be fine.
I can find some other hand for my thigh.

No comments: