Monday, December 25, 2006

English Airspace

I’ve seen a plane crash
And all the flames rise up
With that thick black smoke
Filling the sky
And just adding to
All the gray fog.

But I saw the pilot crawl,
Scratch and tear
Away from the wreckage
Stronger, smarter
And less alone than before.

I’d like to think
That because I saw the crash,
I can help the pilot heal.
But I don’t know
If I could even find the supplies
To begin that mission

Time doesn’t fix planes,
And makes for a poor parachute,
But I think Moms are right
When they say that: Time can
Fix all wounds.

“You’ll be alright, Pilot
I’ll be sure of that from my distance,
Or up close if you’ll let me.
You’ll fly again.
You’ll fly again.
You’ll fly again
And you won’t fall next time
Because you fell too far this time,
And I don’t know how much
Further you can go.”

No comments: