Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Don't Know

I am awkward, but something good’s about to happen.
I just feel it tingling inside of me. But I’m a little scared,
Because I have no earthly idea of what it could possibly be.

I am excited. And nervous because this is new.
I felt this before, but when I was much younger.
This is that feeling you get, the last few days of school,
When you know you have nothing else important to do.

But I still have to wake up early. I still have to work.
I still have to deal with my friends and my silly quirks.
I have obligations the summer can’t hide, so why?
Why do I feel like I am going to be so surprised?

My legs are restless, watching my feet bang on the floor.
I can’t stop talking and I’m walking so much more.
When did this energy get poured into me? And how?
What good is coming my way to justify my feeling this way?

No comments: