Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Angst in Ramble

I want something deeper and ideological
Less of the lying and the pathological
I want something real, but something pretty
Mostly I just want out of this broken city.

Tell me there’s hope somewhere to be
That perfect person every one sees in me
I would hate to let all their aspirations down
But I need a raft in my potential so I don’t drown

I want to break away
In the best possible way
I want to pretend I that create,
When all I do is poorly relate

I’m happy and hate that they are sad
But I still get mad at the little I never had
So, call me selfish, at least I can smile
And this time I decided to stay for a while

I want to be that pain in your neck
I want to be your knotted back when you stretch
I want to be your flowers and your cure
Mostly I just want to doubt less and be sure.

I hate teenagers and their excuses
Stop crying and find more releases
You just need another person
So you can demand all their affections

Be desperate for some attention
Be pathetic to get their correction
Yes you’re sad, but you got them to smile
Maybe you should stick around, for a while.

I want something vain that truly is ugly
I want something jagged and that's snugly
I want it to rain with no clouds on the sun
Mostly, I want those possible disappointments undone.

No comments: