Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wishing You Well

You know how we've talked of nerves
And that full blend of emotions that heal
Like some ancient spell from the druids.
Well, I hope you're better now, and smile as I can.

It took flames and fire and burning,
But eventually the breeze did blow.
It may still sting now, but trust me,
The smoldering will stop in time,
And that first gust of life is so refreshing.

But you've been there before,
And will find it again, people like us
Fall so often with our sorted gear,
But you've got to reach that peak now
And breathe in the cold, phoenix air,
Even if it seems too thin to fill your lungs.

Good luck, love.
I'll be here to welcome you up,
Wishing you well all the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful poet. I also write poem and I believe we can share ideas. I am a journalist based in Lagos Nigeria. You can reach me on samonsong@yahoo.com or my mobile no. 234-08054259757