Thursday, January 25, 2007

Childhood Wonderment

Nothing wishes quite as hard
As a child for great and terrible things.
The hope they muster to squelch their enemies
But endure on to their friends is inspiring,
And I hang my head at my growing regression.

I am mature and stable and an adult,
I feel the right way now.
Gone are those silly passions and negatable beliefs
Of all potential and possibility for life.
I am better off now, all convention says.

Who steals childhood wonderment, or why must it waver?
In questering it I am angry and red faced at suggested behavior,
But I don't wish the detractors doom as once I would.
Something told me to forget how to do that,
And in remembering I miss it.

I shall hunt it and trap it and learn how to emulate it.
This is laughing in the face of cycles and stages
And then singing for no reason while I dance to another melody.

No comments: