Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sunrise Requested

Bring to me my morning glory sunrise
So I may wake and face the day.
Bring to me that golden glowing surprise,
For great is the pain it gladly guiles away.

Guide the gentle fire of its light into my eyes
And I will grasp the gliding blissful rays.
Guide the gentle burning to the children’s cries
So they may forget their longing and relearn how to play.

Fetch the breathed breeze and steam the cold ‘til it sighs
Melting, glaring back, wishing for the end of Day.
Fetch the hot, blazing kiss of Summer’s lips there by
To bring forth it’s brilliantly fragranced bouquet.

Send out the noblemen enchanters to request, at least imply,
To our dear, delightful, illumination: we detest lifeless gray.
Send out the weathered watchers to wait for a reply
Of any hope that our Lambent Lover will obey.

Shall my effulgent affection still not comply…
And our gorgeous gift of Haven’s Hair start to fray…
Shall my earnest attempts to empty evil awry…
Let the nocuous Night still spill its clouded cliché.

No comments: