Friday, August 10, 2007

It Isn't Yet

I wasn’t expecting
fireworks,
And thank God, because
they’re not here.
I just came with a smile
and myself,
Hoping to peel back
some of the years.

I’ll shut myself in
to save us both,
The trouble of coping
with false hopes.
I’ll hide it again, but
I won’t go away,
I’m tired of dealing
with this that way.

And you know it’s right,
So I don’t mind at all.
Just know you can’t escape this,
And I might just stay after all.

Yes it burns,
but I turn to my pen.
After you it’s
my only friend.
I think you’re worth it,
all of this hurt
And before I die,
I will make this work.

So keep your heart free
from filling up
I’m not there now,
but I could be the top.
I don’t fit perfect,
so the story goes
But neither of us knows
what the future holds.

And you know it’s right,
So I don’t mind at all.
Just know you can’t escape this,
And I might just stay after all.

It isn’t yet
but it just might be
You’ll find that you’re
madly in love with me

No comments: