Monday, September 01, 2008

The Things I Remember from the Dreams Where I Die

The faint taste of oranges whisper-hushes its way into conversations; I fail to realize the problems with this. Forgive the weakness of my concentration.

You. You are always there. You have a trip-wire tongue and will never kiss me. I've tried to save you many times; rarely am I successful.

The melting kelly green of hyper grass that grows only where I cannot imagine concrete.

A tall, elderly man who is my grandfather, but is nameless and so frighteningly vague.

The empty sense of nobility in self-destruction drapes itself around my shoulders.

Falling for dangerous lengths of time is typical.

Tears. Genuine tears without hyperventilation; just loss. Always loss.

And that ironic waking satisfaction.

No comments: