Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Heavenly Piece

so i'm reading Newman,
an old Tractarian,
and he loves God
and has given himself
to the glory of Christ,
and that's fine

but he advocates
celibacy as holy
and those who enjoy
the flesh as somehow
evil, or marked with
the spot of the devil.

i will not be considered
evil because i have sex,
evil because i like sex,
evil because i want sex.

mr. Newman may be in Heaven
enjoying the company of
his distant, lonely God,

but my lord, or force, or power
will embrace me fully
and take me inside,
feeding me into the universe
as we both shake and rattle
to warm jazz and swirl
nonsensically together
like flavored milks mixing.

we will clamour romantic,
erupt robust,
intertwine holy,
and all the evil sex before
will make sense as
the practice for this moment,
this introduction to GOD
and accession to my rightful
place in the confused body
of the eternal and never ending.

and we will never stop this:
our limitless, beautiful tumult,
because Heaven is sex
on a different level

and I'll not let
the confused virgin corpse
of a Tractarian poet
tell me any different.

No comments: