Monday, September 01, 2008

15 minutes, 9/1 (2)

(two men in their early twenties are in a car driving to a theatre to catch a movie. they are close friends.)

What time does the movie start, again?

9:30. But I want to be there by 9.

No, totally. I hate missing the previews.

Thank you! Christ, it is so annoying when people can't get to a movie on time. Let alone when they drag me into what ever evil plan they have for settling their blood-lust for being late.

You know, I don't even like to miss the fun little trivia slides. There are all so outdated, but it's still fun. That, and all of the advertisements are hilarious. God, that dentist one is too funny. The apple's teeth in that cartoon are way too damn huge.

Yeah, no fruit should have teeth that big.

Or teeth at all, but I'm willing to digress for a good time.

You know you always made me late to movies?

Oh God. Don't say it, please.

What?

I know where this is going, and I'm going to just delete it now before it even gets out into the world.

Okay, grand poo bah, what was I going to say?

You were going to mention, for what would undoubtedly be marked as the near-infinite time, how Vera would make you late to movies.

So?

So? So? It's played out my friend. You guys broke up three months ago. I think the time for peppering you friends with bitter remember-rants has long since passed there.

So I can't make a relevant comment about the conversation we're having. Thank you for editing my speaking habits, I've been meaning to have less control over my motor functions lately.

Suck my cock. I just don't want to hear about Vera. And it's because I'm a good friend.

You ask me for oral sex because you're a good friend, too?

I see how pissed thinking about her makes you. And since you can't call her up and brake up with her again, there really is no reason to bring her up at all. It sucks for me to hear about it, and it sucks for you to think about, so just don't bring it up.

Shit still bothers me, though.

Why? Just let it go. She is out of the picture.

Not entirely.

What do you mean? I thought you guys were done-zo?

Were are, she's just not out of the picture.

Explain to me this picture, because with as much as you complain about Our Lady V, it could be an interesting portrait.

I mean I still see her around. She's friends with all of my friends. She unavoidable.

Okay.

Okay. And we talk sometimes.

Okay. And?

And what? I'm trying to be friendly. There's nothing wrong with that.

You guys are sleeping together aren't you?

What?

You're sleeping with her again, right?

We're not together or anything.

But you are having sex.

Perchance.

Hell, man. You are a walking contradiction.

How so, Mr. Moral High Ground?

Please. It's not like there's anything inherently wrong with what you're doing. You're just a dumb ass for doing it and you know why.

Enlighten me.

Because you hated that relationship. I like sex as much as the next guy, but I'm not an emo whiny ass like you. I can see it now. You're going to mistake all the wonderful sex with your ex as this crazy idea that things might work out again. You're an idiot and you're torturing yourself.

What makes you think it wouldn't work out?

It had a shot. A long one if I remember right. And you complained your way through that. Do yourself a favor and stop living in your fantasy world where revisiting old flames will somehow develop into this ridiculous fairytale that you somehow passed over the first time.

People change.

Not likely.

No comments: