Thursday, February 15, 2007

Goodbye, Above Me.

I'm sorry, but the bleeding wounds of my eyes
must heal over and close now,
and scab, because that searing, rising sun
searches for portals into their caves

and the walls are still stained soot
because of the fires your burnt there.
Your simple drawings of buffalo
and women still ash across my eyelids
and those discarded berries and weeds
you used to make your colors
will always be the palette of my memories:
faded, crumpled, and earthy
after their bright, invigorating utility for you.

But the monolith sunrise awaits!
and 'goodbye's would last forever, should we let them.
Ascend, now, to shade and cover your glass face,
pose your thumb, and fashion more eloquent tools.
Leave me behind to hunt and gather the traces of you,
or what I will make into you,
while I marvel at your wheel and arrow heads.

Dawn awakes to steal you, the theft short on patience.
I'll try to hide my eyes again
in the repressed dark of my cave; of me.

Goodbye, Above Me. Goodbye.

No comments: