Thursday, April 12, 2007

Questions on Weakness

When is it acceptable to admit a weakness? We strive to be such stolid columns that any sign of decay, the ebb of cracks on our polished marbled surface, can send even the most solidly constructed of our numbers into despair. When that abstract standard of normal is broken how long should a victim wait before admitting they are not perfect? Which still is the harder admission, the admission to self or the admission to those around you who have potentially help proliferate the weakness? Why are quirks even called weakness? Do they not define person and individuality? Are we not all collections of varying weaknesses? Why is it important for everyone to be strong? Is not strength a comparative quality? Can I, in my perceived weakness and rife with society's deemed flaws, provide the strong with a postulate of what to avoid? In my acceptance of my weakness do I not make more room for the strong? Do I not inherently submit to be conquered?

No comments: